- Update Applications
- 01-Nov-2012 Midnight to 01-Feb-2013 11:59 PM
- 03-Feb-2013 01:00 AM to 05-Apr-2013 Midnight
Times are in EDT (-0400)
Cupid's Cup: The University of Maryland Business Competition
Welcome to Cupid's Cup, the University of Maryland's Business Competition powered by the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the Smith School of Business. If you have not logged in before, please click the REGISTER button and follow the instructions. If you have already registered, please log in using your e-mail address and password.
About Cupid's Cup
The University of Maryland’s Cupid’s Cup is a national student entrepreneurship competition powered by the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the Smith School of Business. Kevin Plank, founder and CEO of Under Armour, partnered with the Dingman Center eight years ago to launch Cupid’s Cup and is now taking the competition to a national stage for the first time. Together, we’re looking for the most passionate student entrepreneurs running impactful businesses.
- $70,000 in cash prizes
- In kind services from strategic providers
- The prestigious Cupid’s Cup
- In an added twist, Plank will grant the 2013 grand prize winner exclusive access to a member of his professional network--this is something he doesn’t do often!
Cupid's Cup Game Plan
- Scouting: Applications are accepted from November 2, 2012 to February 1, 2013.
- Round One: Semi-finalists will be announced on February 14.
- Training Camp: The semi-final round will be held at the Under Armour headquarters in Baltimore, MD on February 21.
- The Cut: Finalists will be announced on March 1.
- Game Day: The final round competition will be Friday, April 5, 2013 at the University of Maryland’s College Park campus. Five finalists will pitch their businesses to Kevin Plank and a panel of judges.
1. Open to U.S. residents 18 years and older who are either:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited U.S. college or university who started their business while enrolled as a student.
- An alumna/us of an accredited U.S. college or university who received their undergraduate or graduate degree between May 2008 and December 2012 and started their business while enrolled as a student.
2. Applicants must have equal or majority equity stake in the company.
* The judges reserve the right to disqualify entries.
1. Your business must be no more than five years old and have acquired less than $500,000 in previous financing.
2. Your business must be a legal business entity that has either:
- Generated at least $5,000 in revenue prior to February 1, 2013.
Your product is developed at a minimum version 1.0.
You have demonstrated traction through users, subscribers or customers.
For more information, go to www.cupidscup.com.